About Me

My photo
Waynesboro, Virginia
trying to live each day with a positive mindset. here to share what I see, feel, think....all because of God above. Spreading the joy :)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day Three.

      I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO SEE A VAGINAL BIRTH. Now, I know this is not what people normally want to read when they first pull up a page....but all my fellow nursing students out there, you KNOW my excitement right now. I. Saw. A. Baby. Being. Born. I thought I wouldn't have the opportunity since I already completed my day on the Labor and Delivery Unit, but God provided! I have never seen anything so incredible. The mother was SO strong, to be honest, she actually made the whole thing look pretty.....even though it's TOTALLY NOT. gosh. still can't believe it.

      I know that I myself want to have a vaginal birth when I have kids.... A longggg time from now. haha. But just to see all the newborn infants was just too freakin' cute. I was able to feed babies that were just 2 days old. That was such a blessing. To see the love that these parents have for their children and to think about what lies ahead for them...it is going to be such a wonderful journey :)
  
     As nurses seeing that joy in our patients or even creating that joy in down times is one of the best parts of our job! We have the opportunity to work in so many different areas of healthcare with so many different types of patients. So lucky! Like I said last time, "our fingerprints never fade from the lives we touch". So keep that in mind, always!

   So excited to see what will come next! (P.S. 22 days til spring break everyone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment