About Me

My photo
Waynesboro, Virginia
trying to live each day with a positive mindset. here to share what I see, feel, think....all because of God above. Spreading the joy :)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Awake My Soul.

     Today has been beyond wonderful! Actually, these past few days have been beyond wonderful. I've really taken some time to prioritize my life and see where I want to grow. I know that my first place of focus for growth is my spiritual life. The sermon I heard today at church fit PERFECTLY with what I have been feeling and questioning lately. All my life I have been brought up as a Catholic, but since I left home and went off to college, I have struggled finding a church that I felt connected with. I fell away from my journey with Christ and seemed to go dormant spiritually. I was still religious, in the sense that i had my personal prayers and would attend mass from time to time when I was home in town...but that was absolutely not enough. There was SO much that I was missing out on, and it's so sad that I didn't realize it.
   But there is nothing I can do about that now :) Luckily, God has led me back to see his grace. He has re-awakened my journey with him. But I know that he sent a certain person to me to help me with this transition, my loving boyfriend Andrew. He is such a man of God and without him I would not be where I am right now. Andrew has brought me back to church, to singing, and even trying new things like Bible study! I can't get enough of it :) My desire is to always be open to the Lord. Be here on earth to do his word, to shine his light. To learn from him and seek more. He has blessed me in so many different ways....it gets overwhelming thinking of it all. Even in my struggles, He has been the light to bring me back. To bring me friends. To bring me Andrew. To bring me new experiences, new revelations, a renewal in my devotion.

                                                    
                                                           My soul has been awakened.

   And this is just February! It's so exciting to think of where my path is going to keep leading me. My second place of focus of growth is my nursing life. Here I am, about to complete my last week of clinicals and then BOOM, spring break. And then BOOM again, CAPSTONE!! For those who are unfamiliar, for my "Capstone Project", I get assigned to a specific unit and preceptor where I will work a regular RN's schedule (3 12 hour shifts/week) and learn as much as possible! And guess what?!? I literally just got my placement.....like I literally just opened the email now :D haha. I will be working on the PACU (post-anesthesia care unit) at RMH!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Can we all see that I'm excited? This is exactly what I don't want to loose. My excitement, my passion, my joy. I want to truly love my job and just thrive in it. I believe God has led me down this career path for this purpose and more. So I can't wait to go in and rock it as much as I can! My danskos won't know what's coming :)
Btw, these are what danskos look like: Yes I know, granny, but COMFY. You all don't even know!

     My last place of focus for growth is my personal life. I know that I thrive on doing community service, it literally makes my heart smile. Just recently I started working with Overcoming Barriers through JMU. I worked with them last semester, assisting the special needs classroom at Skyline Middle School, but now I work with a program called "Builders and Bulldozers". IT'S AWESOME! We have the wonderful opportunity to work with young kids, with or without disabilities, and just play tons of games! Color, bounce around, run around, whatever makes them happy! My mentee is the CUTEST of CUTE. Seriously. 2 years old and so full of life. I am blessed to work with her. She is my reminder that every day is a blessing and we need to enjoy life. Laugh a little, cry a little, hug a little. It will all make you smile in the end :)
   So here I am, typing out my post and getting everything ready for my last day of Women's Health clinical tomorrow. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Sunday! (thank the Lord for your blessings :) )

P.S.: I am starting to read a new book! It's called When God writes your love story, by Eric and Leslie Ludy. It seems great so far....the first 10 pages. haha. I will keep you updated!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment