About Me

My photo
Waynesboro, Virginia
trying to live each day with a positive mindset. here to share what I see, feel, think....all because of God above. Spreading the joy :)

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cardiomegaly.

 
    So I thought this title was very fitting! Recently there has been so many GREAT things happening, and it's all thanks to the big Man upstairs.MY HEART IS BIG WITH LOVE. I spoke of this in my last post, but I am growing more in my faith everyday. Letting Christ into my heart more and more is absolutely incredible. I have always been a Christian and truly believed in Christ, but this past year has really renewed my relationship with him. I have so many things to thank Him for and I just want to spread my joy to others. Show them that they are loved SO MUCH by the Lord.
   This weekend at church, Pastor Keith spoke more just about that! His message was titled, "Planting Seeds of Righteousness". PERFECT! We have received such great love from the Lord, so it is our duty to show others that love and invite them to become brothers and sisters of God with us. I know that not everyone is as big as a Jesus lover as me, and that's totally fine! :) so don't get freaked out from my blog haha. Everyone can have their own religion, faith, spiritual journey...whatever you want to call it! That's what makes it so interesting!
Pastor Keith spoke about 4 actions regarding "planting the seeds":
     1. The need to tell others that you are a follower of Jesus....well, I think you all can see that already :) haha. (Romans 1:16)
              "I am not ashamed of the Gospel"
     2. The need to pray for others to become followers of Jesus. (Ephesians 1: 17-18)
               "I hope the eyes of your heart may be enlightened"
     3. The need to invite others to become followers. (Ephesians 3: 7-8)
     4. The need to trust God to call others to become followers.
I think this is such an incredible message! I have become more of a follower of Jesus, and I still have a lot of growing to do.  But I didnt' want to keep my religion parked in the background anymore. I am so happy, happier than I have been in a while and I truly believe it is because I have made Christ more of a focus in my life.

Alright. That's my message with that :) In other news, I was able to see my best friend Heather this past weekend!!!!!!!!! We first met back in Fall 2009, when we became pledges of Alpha Phi Omega, our co-ed, community service fraternity. We were in the Alpha Xi pledge class that became known as the ManiAX (maniacs!). And we pretty much were :) Her and I just radiate the same attitude. Honestly, sometimes I'm not sure how we keep breathing because we laugh SO MUCH! She has seen me grow first hand here at JMU and we have been through so much together. She is my sister in Christ. Such a blessing. This picture is just a little insight into the goofy-ness that is Heather and Kaitlyn. Yep. We went to a Disney party dressed up as Flounder and Sebastian. Just putting this out there now...this is DEFINITELY happening again next year.
So my message to you all is just truly evaluate the friendships that you have. Make sure that you both are giving to each other and really bring each other up. You should be learning from one another and be able to share the trials and triumphs of your life. Friends are people who you can put your faith in. They keep you going :)

My last message for this blog is an update on the book I'm reading. It's called, "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy. It just speaks to having a God-scripted relationship. Whether you are single, kinda in a relationship, in a serious one, or even married, this book applies to all. It has really practical advice that I can't get enough of! One of the pages that I wanted to share I just read last night, it goes as follows:
     "Jesus himself gave us the key to unlocking the treasure chest where the sheet music to the 'sweeter sont' is held. Remember how I said earlier that something better is out there when it comes to love, but we'll find it in a very unexpected place? Well, the unexpected place is God Himself. We have to be willing to become vulnerable to trust Him if we wish to find security and satifaction in Him. We have to be willing to let go of what little we have to gain the great riches and supreme happiness He offers. And we have to let Him have the helm is we wish to hear the sweeter song. The 'something better' is found in emptying yourlsef, surrendering to His lead, letting go of your life an all you hold dear, and entrusing everything to Him. Because in doing that, you will be tenderly embraced by the sweetest Musician in all the universe and receive your own personal concert".

That last line continues to play in my mind. If you trust in the Lord, he will give you the path he has set out for you, you will get your own personal concert. I just love that! I mean that's what happened with me...I really thought  I was going to be the old lady with 9 cats. Alone. But He brought me a wonderful man among with other wondeful blessings. There is a higher power up there working on you and you may not even realize it!

So count your blessings, be kind to those around you, share the love, and just be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment