About Me

My photo
Waynesboro, Virginia
trying to live each day with a positive mindset. here to share what I see, feel, think....all because of God above. Spreading the joy :)

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Joyful Heart.

    So I just had a deep conversation with my boyfriend. We tend to have these a lot because we both are such strong communicators. If you think I talk alot, well you are up for a big surprise. Andrew is basically a boy version of me :) and that's one of the many reasons why I love him so much! He is such a strong man of God, having lead me back to my roots, I have shown him so much of me. He continually brings me up, being the constant in my life. I truly believe having been friends first really makes our relationship that much better.

   We first met back in Fall of 2010 during our JMU Orientation retreat. We were both ANTs (Assisting New Transfer students) for JMU's orientation program. For those who are familiar with JMU's orientation program, we were basically the OPAs for transfers :), and it was BEYOND wonderful. Having literally spent a whole week+ together on campus living in Wampler hall, doing bonding activities, and spending time together outside of the group, we really got to know each other quickly. I never felt so comfortable with a guy like that, EVER. Going to be real honest now, he is the first person that I've ever seriously dated. That is someting so special. I truly believe that God intertwined our paths for a purpose. We have gone through so much together already I am so excited to see what happens in our future.

   
     We talk about keeping Christ at the center of our relationship and we really believe that if we do that it will naturally bring us closer together. And it surely has. Andrew and I go to bible study together on Friday's and then celebrate the Lord together on Sundays. But even beyond that, we have been able to share scripture and speak about our personal journey with Christ on a daily basis. It's incredible to see how much I have grown with the Lord just throughout this past year, and Andrew is such a strong part of that. We have such strong faith together. I am so joyful beyond words...this is where my screen name came from!

   I have a joyful heart. Through the Lord. Through my friends. Through my family. Through my loving boyfriend Andrew. Through my actions. Through my passions.

  The Lord is always with me, AND YOU. He will guide us to where we need to go. And even if we don't understand why things happen to us, why we must suffer through the dark times, just remember this: The Lord gives us hope. He will show us the light.

Romans 5:3-6:  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that sufferieng produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out nto our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has ben given to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment